Tuesday 30 April 2013

Two Rooks on the 7th - should never had been allowed!

My latest club match was a bit of a disaster frankly speaking ... I committed a cardinal sin and allowed my opponent to place both his rooks on his 7th rank :(. My concentration was completely lost - halfway through the game we had to change rooms which really didn't help me ...

Of course the story would have been different I think, had I

a) not lost concentration!
b) prevented the seventh rank incursion and perhaps sacrificed a pawn instead.

In a sharp position such as the one reached in the game Black should always be looking for aggressive counter play instead of passive play - a lesson I will take away with me ...

As usual, any comments welcome ...


Sicilian Maroczy-Bind




PGN Viewer courtesy of http://chesstempo.com/

No comments: