Tuesday 24 April 2012

Chess Tactics and Combinations

Wow, I was surfing on the web last night and stumbled by accident on a little Gem; A chess tactics and combinations course in PDF format ready for you to download!

Dr Dave Regis of Exeter Chess Club has put together a number of games mainly starting 1.e4 e5 2.Nf3 which of course is an ideal starting place for beginners ...

He says and I quote: "The exciting main lines of the Max Lange and Fried Liver Attacks feature throughout, and Damiano's Defence endures some terrible beatings.  There is an opening index by ECO code so you can run through several tactical ideas associated with one opening or even one variation".

Needless to say, I have already downloaded the PDF and I can't wait to get my teeth into it on the train tomorrow.  This, I am sure will be a valuable resource for chess teachers.

Visit the following link ...
http://exeterchessclub.org.uk/x/FTP/TacticsCourse.pdf

and enjoy the course!


3 comments:

Aaron said...

Greg,

Thank you for mining and sharing the document. I also cannot wait to give it a read!

greg_b said...

Aaron, let me know which other chess tactics info you are interested in ... will be happy to help with any knowledge/material I have! In the meantime why not join this blog?

Aaron said...

Hi Greg,

Join the blog? In what capacity? I follow the blog as it is, is that what you mean?