Saturday 25 November 2023

Why didn't I play 21.Bb6???

Chess is often about calculating properly - and not just playing what 'feels like' the right move to play.   In this game I should definitely have played my Bishop to b6 on move 21, however the temptation to get my d pawn to the 7th rank was just too great ... !  Of course I learned of the consequences of making such a move after my opponents simple response .. Nxd7.  

The game was a useful learning experience and needless to say I threw it away. I definitely seem to panic when I have the game on a plate! This is a habit I need to shed if I am seriously going to win more competitive chess games.

You can see that after all the exchanges I am too pawns down - I struggled on until Move 53, but the lost pawns meant I could not hold a draw ...  

As usual, any comments welcome ...

d4 Opening




PGN Viewer courtesy of http://chesstempo.com/

No comments: